Price William to Miss. Catherine Middleton
In honor and preparation of this grandiose event we were asked by our favorite local news station NBC24 to come in and Share with them some of our "Elite" tips on
How to host a Royally Elegant Event
We were honored and beyond excited to share our ideas!
The 3 points that we discussed:
- How to Look like Royalty
- How to feel like Royalty
- How to treat your guests like Royalty
One of the most discussed parts of any royal wedding is what exactly everyone will be wearing on their heads. Bridal Hats are the newest craze. The Bridal hats featured today were from Atlas Bridal. They provide a vgreat selection of headpieces to choose from. In spirit of the "Royal Wedding" we opted to feature a few Fascinators one that incorporated Flowers, Feathers and tulle. Depending on your personal style you can choose anything from a less is more approach with a simple feather and cageveil like what was shown on the segment or really make a statement with a large hat.
- Hats aren’t just for the brides, guests can wear them too. The vintage piece that Kelly Heibreder was wearing was a fabulous vintage piece that we picked up from the Maumee Antique Mall
A great way to really feel like a princess on your big day is to appointment a Lady in Waiting, which is a female personal assistant at a noble court, attending to a queen, a princess or other noblewoman. Because you want your closest friends and family to be relaxed and enjoy the days events we recommend hiring a wedding coordinator.
- At Elite Events as part of our Day of Coordination Service we provide you with a “Lady in Waiting” Where one of us will stand by you as you get ready for your “big day”
- We always come armed with our emergency kit, which can include anything from breath mints, to a sewing kit, a steamer down to dress socks. As well as tons of invaluable experience in the wedding industry.
What we created is a youthful take on what a royal wedding or event could look like.
We opted for a sapphire blue and gold color scheme pulling inspiration from the blue in kates ring and the gold that is used predominantly thought out buckham palace.
- Utilizing elegant linens and chair covers is a great way to set the tone for any event. The gorgeous linens and chair cover we displayed were provided to us by our friends at Wildflowerlinens.
- Bring in Fresh Flowers and create a STATEMENT centerpiece. The beautiful arrangement shown on todays news segment was created by our friends at Bartz Viviano. Ann does such an amazing job! What I loved about this particular piece is that it added just a bit of drama to our table scape still while appearing very ROYAL!
- DETAILS, DETAILS DETAILS!
No matter how large or small of a gathering you have, it is the little details that help unify and differentiate your event.
- For this particular occasion I custom designed Menu cards that coordinated with the "Royal Invitation" they can be placed at each place setting allowing each guest to know exactly what is going to be on the menu.
- Keep in Mind the menu should look just as good as that 7 course meal will taste
- How you display your napkin is another way you can be creative! We opted to use a fun napkin ring that was custom designed exclusively for Wildflower Linens to look exactly like Kate's engagement ring. How fun are they!!!! ( I wonder if her's is as big as the napkin ring? They did say it is a 18k Sapphire!
- The final details to a regal place setting are your chargers and fine china. What I love about the ones shown below is that they work beautifully with the gold accents that we have thought-out our setting. This particular china was rented from Meredith Party Rentals.
Venue: The Toledo Club (Thanks Jenn)
Photographer: Mary Wyar
Flowers: Bartz Viviano (Special thanks to Ann, who always goes above and beyond! You are a creative genius)
Linens, napkins, napkin rings and chair covers: WildFlower Linens
Chairs: Central Park West
Chargers, China and Flatware: Meredith Party Rentals ( a special thanks to Michelle who actually let me use her own personal gold flatware set)
Crystal Glasses: A special Thank you to Karen Kerekes for allowing us to use her own personal and gorgeous crystal glasses.
Invitation, Menu, and table number: Designed by "yours truly" Nikki @ Elite Events
Bridal Facinator shown in picture is from Atlas Bridal and worn by our very own Kati Kerekes.
And a special Thanks To Kati for assisting me in pulling this concept on paper together to a beautiful reality!
And special thank you to the crew at NBC24 for inspiring us with this creation!